Though modern medicine has advances by leaps and bounds through the past centuries, many still rely on homeopathic medicine or, a mixture of both. With increasing frequency, physicians and those working in the medical field are looking into and using homeopathic techniques to treat patients. As time goes on, we are seeing more medical facilities using both modern medicine and homeopathic techniques to treat all types of patients.
Homeopathic medicine is defined as a medical philosophy and practice that comes from the idea that the human body already has the ability to heal itself. Homeopathic practices have been regulated in medicine in the USA and what is professionally practiced is safe.
Because homeopathy is generally accepted in much of the medical community, schools that are dedicated to homeopathy and schools that include homeopathic practices along with modern medicine are not rare. If you are looking to attend a homeopathic-centril school, read on to see how to become enrolled.
Is Homeopathic Medicine Right For You?
Homeopathic medicine, while recognized as a legitimate form of medicine in the USA, is not as commonly used or accessible as other forms of medicine. However, if you are dedicated to the beliefs and practices of homeopathy, there are schools and job opportunities available.
Homeopathic Medical Schools in the USA
Here is a moderate list of Homeopathic schools:
- National College of Naturopathic Medicine (Portland, OR)
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine (Tempe, AZ)
- The Berkley Institute of Homeopathy
- Los Angeles School of Homeopathy (Los Angeles, CA)
- American Medical College of Homeopathy (Los Angeles, CA)
- New England School of Homeopathy (Amherst, MA)
- The National Center for Homeopathy (Alexandria, VA)
- Homeopathy School International (Online)
Don’t see your city listed? Consult Google for a list of homeopathic schools in your area. Many medical colleges offer certifications in homeopathic practice.
How to get Certified in Homeopathic Medicine
The official certification boards for homeopathic medicine are:
- The North American Society of Homeopaths (Sunrise, FL)
- The American Board of Homeotherapeutics (Charlottesville, VA)
- The Council of Homeopathic Certification (La Crescenta, CA)
- The homeopathic Academy of Naturopathic Physicians
What if I Want to Practice Modern Medicine and Homeopathy?
Many medical schools in the US offer classes, certifications, and programs for licensed physicians to learn to use homeopathy in their practice. It is becoming more common for doctors to have some knowledge of the homeopathy practice and to recommend it to patients who do not take to traditional methods of care.
Likewise, if you go to a homeopathic school, there is nothing barring you from then going to another medical school and specializing in something else. For instance, gynecologists can incorporate homeopathy into their practices easily.
If you’re looking to move into a unique and evolving form a medicine, consider homeopathy.